Total Time: 45min
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- kosher salt
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley, extra for garnish
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 lengthwise wedges
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pan combine balsamic vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and simmer on low until reduced by half, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position 2 racks evenly spaced in the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine 1 tbsp olive oil, Parmesan and parsley; toss together with potatoes. Spread on rimmed sheet pan. Place on bottom rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Dry drumsticks well with paper-towels to ensure crispiness. Place chicken on rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper on all sides. Spread chicken in an even layer. Place on top rack and bake for 30 minutes. Change oven to broiler setting. Broil until chicken is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, allow to rest. Move sheet pan with potatoes to top rack and broil until crispy and golden, about 5 minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes with warmed sticky balsamic sauce and garnish with parsley.